SUTTON MANDEVILLE PARISH COUNCIL
including Sutton Row and Lower Chicksgrove
(DRAFT) MINUTES of a meeting held on 22nd November at 7.30pm in the Church- subject to later approval by Councillors
PRESENT: Cllr. H. Collins Chair, Cllr. Mrs. K. Clutterbuck Vice - Chair, Cllr. Mrs. C. Cartwright, Cllr. M. Charlick, Mrs. J. Childs, Parish Clerk
2 residents were present
The Chairman welcomed all to the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES: had been received from Cllr. Howe and from Cllr. N. Najjar,WC. Cllr. Najjar had received late notice of the meeting.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS: No interests declared.
3. PUBLIC QUESTIONS: A resident requested a kissing gate to give access to Great Ground Hill and along the footpath to Fovant. The Clerk reiterated the lack of a team of volunteers within Sutton Mandeville for footpath maintenance and thus the need for help and expertise for installation. The Chairman confirmed the need for a further gate on Panters Lane.
A resident also explained objections, shared by many, to the proposal for Outline Planning at Station Yard, Tisbury. The Chairman stated that he had attended a public meeting called by Tisbury Parish Council as a result of which Sutton Mandeville Parish Council had been included in the joint letter of objection from surrounding local parishes. The proposal had been called in by Tisbury's Wiltshire Councillor.
Cllr. Mrs. Clutterbuck noted the absence of a Flood Warden for the parish and agreed to take on the role. All Councillors offered thanks.
4. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS HELD ON 27th September 2021: The Chairman signed the minutes which were accepted as a true record.
5. MATTERS ARISING: Requests had been made for 2 Traffic Surveys on the C24, Lower Chicksgrove. The Surveys had been approved and were awaited. White lining requests had been declined.
6. WILTSHIRE COUNCIL: WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR'S REPORT: Cllr. Najjar highlighted recent Area Board grants to Fovant Youth Club, SID's for Fovant and the problems shared by most parishes in SW Wiltshire concerning perceived speeding, HGVs on narrow lanes and pedestrian safety in the absence of footways.
Wiltshire's Councillors had agreed that increases in their remuneration should match that awarded to WC employees. The next meeting of the Area Board would take place on December 15th, location tbc.
CATG: At its most recent meeting held on November 24th the HGV signage (Glasses Lane and Sutton Hill) for Sutton Mandeville was confirmed. There would be no further money available for white-lining in the current financial year. The Parish Council could request 20 mph signage but this would require a Speed Limit Assessment which would cost £2500 per location. The contribution from the Parish Council would be £625 also for each location. WC would not be bound by the result of any such survey. Cllr. Najjar had previously stated the extreme difficulty in securing speed limit reduction where the NSL existed.
a) Arrangements were made for the signing of 3 cheques totalling £273.84
b) Expenditure remained in line with budget expectations
c) Councillors discussed likely items of expenditure for the financial year 2022 - 2023. A request had been made for a contribution to the publication of Three Towers. It was noted that this was produced free of charge to all residents and agreed an allocation of £50. It was hoped that further improvements could be made to footpath connectivity within the parish. The reserve for road signage and fingerpost refurbishment would be reduced by parish contributions to both in the current financial year and would thus need an additional allocation.
d) Councillors provisionally set the precept at £2475 but agreed to consider whether reserves held might allow adjustment.
All other agenda items under Finance were deferred.
a) ROWs: nothing further to add.
b) The Parish Steward: The Clerk would continue to report to the Parish Steward any work of which she was advised.
c) Safety on C24 for all road users: Nothing further was added.
d) Finger Posts: The Chairman had obtained an estimate of £325 for repairs to the finger post at the top of Mill Lane. An application for a grant towards costs had been made to the Area Board.
9. PARISH WEBSITE: Councillors Howe and Charlick had worked on the required improvements to communication which were close to completion. Some additional costs were expected. The Chairman thanked Councillors for these important steps forward.
10. PLANNING: No further planning meetings had been held.
11. CORRESPONDENCE: The Chairman noted a request to the Parish Council about any possible consideration given to the celebration of the Platinum Jubilee. There had been a suggestion this might be combined with a Three Towers Fete / Fovant - Sutton Mandeville Show. Councillors determined that a local celebration might be preferable with separate participation in any further planned events.
12. ANY OTHER BUSINESS: There was no further business.
13. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING: The next meeting of the Parish Council would take place on Monday 28nd February 2022 at 7.30pm in the Church.
The meeting closed at 9.15pm