SUTTON MANDEVILLE PARISH COUNCIL
including Sutton Row and Lower Chicksgrove
DRAFT MINUTES of a meeting held on 28th February 2022 at 7.30pm in the Church- subject to later approval by Councillors
PRESENT: Cllr. H. Collins Chair, Cllr. Mrs. K. Clutterbuck Vice - Chair, Cllr. Mrs. C. Cartwright, Cllr. M. Charlick, Mrs. J. Childs, Parish Clerk
The Chairman welcomed all to the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES: had been received from Cllr. Howe and from Cllr. N. Najjar,WC.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS: No interests declared.
3. PUBLIC QUESTIONS: Cllr. Mrs Cartwright and the Clerk reported concerns expressed by some residents of Sutton Row about parking across drives by visitors to The Compasses Inn when the car park was filled. Some visitors had expressed the view that the overflow car park was too far away.
4. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS HELD ON 22nd November 2021: The Chairman signed the minutes which were accepted as a true record.
5. MATTERS ARISING: Following discussion with the Area ROW Officer Cllr. Mrs. Cartwright had designed a walking route on existing footpaths suitable for buggies, wheel chairs and those able to walk shorter distances. Four appropriate, self closing pedestrian gates would be fitted, replacing existing gates, using a grant secured from the Area Board.
The results of the traffic surveys on the C24 had been received. It was considered by the Area Highways Engineer that these indicated that the speed of traffic was contained by topography and width of road and that no further action was required at present.
Cllr. Mrs Clutterbuck had attended a Flood Warden meeting. Her particular concern had been the flooding of the road at Panters. She believed that, in accordance with WC policy, it would be possible to draw up a simple Emergency Plan for the parish.
The Chairman reported that he would inform Mr. P. Cordle that no Councillor had been able to offer assistance in organising a possible combined Three Towers Jubilee celebration and that it was likely that there would be smaller, private celebrations within the parish.
6. WILTSHIRE COUNCIL: WILTSHIRE COUNCILLOR'S REPORT: There was no report from Cllr. Najjar, WC, but it was expected that he would attend the Annual Parish Meeting in March.
7. Area Board/CATG: The Parish Council had been successful in securing two grants: £900 for pedestrian gates and £162.50 for the repair of the fingerpost at the top of Panters Lane. CATG: It was expected that the “unsuitable for HGV” signage at Sutton Hill and Glasses Lane was scheduled for the third week of March.
8. FINANCE: a) 4 cheques were signed totalling £242.39
b) Expenditure remained in line with budget expectations
c) Councillors determined that, with so few disbursements within the year, setting up online banking was unnecessary. The Clerk was asked to enquire about the possibility of a bank card for those payments, like the website, where card payment was necessary.
d) The Risk Assessment document was agreed and signed.
a) ROWs: nothing further to add.
b) The Parish Steward: The Clerk would continue to report to the Parish Steward any work of which she was advised.
c) Finger Posts: It was expected that the finger post repairs would be complete by the end of March.
d) The Platinum Jubilee: It was unanimously agreed that a tree should be planted to commemorate this singular event. The Vice Chair would consult about the location.
10. PARISH WEBSITE: Cllr. Charlick reported on the success of the new website and his wish to include all items of interest. It was hoped that the number of users would continue to rise. Councillors thanked Cllr. Charlick for this work.[www.suttonmandevillepc.org]
11. PLANNING: Two applications would be considered at a planning meeting to be arranged; The Compasses Inn and The Homestead.
12. CORRESPONDENCE: There was no further correspondence.
13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS: There was no further business.
14. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING: The Annual Parish Meeting would take place on 14th March in the Church at 7.00pm. The next meeting of the Parish Council would take place on Monday 9th May 2022 at 7.30pm in the Church.
The meeting closed at 9.11pm